Friday, March 11, 2011

Ever Closer...

I don't know how many folks actually check this blog anymore, but for those who may and for my own memory-keeping, I'm posting the latest news in our adoption journey. As of yesterday, we know that the adoption agency has obtained the kids' new birth certificates with us listed as their parents. How cool is that?!?! The next step, we are told, is to get passports for them and then send our whole case to the U.S. Embassy over there for review. The Embassy will invite us to come pick up the kids once they've reviewed and approved our case. We are told this could be very soon. Wow! We are really nearing the end of this waiting part of adding these three precious people to our family. It seems that all we've done for the past year is wait for something. Really, to get technical, we've been waiting on something adoption related for almost 2 years. We began this journey down the foster care road almost 2 years ago. I can't help but smile when I think about the past two years. God's hand in all of it is so very evident. We really had no clue what we were doing, except following a call from God to open our hearts and home to "the kids who wait the longest", this was our mantra. I'll forever remember those two years as the years God spent grooming all parties involved for what He was planning to do. Waiting, there's a lot of "stuff" that goes along with that word. I think there may have to be a seperate post on that in the future. But for now, I'm basking in the joy and anticipation of a long awaited promise about to be fulfilled. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!! I can't wait for all of you to meet these beautiful children of God!! It won't be long now...

1 comment:

marsha said...

Counting the minutes!